Technician Intern Program (Non-Deere Program)
Vocational College Student (Non-Deere Program)
Student will be overseen by the Service Manager unless otherwise designated and will be working with carefully chosen technicians.
Rate of pay: $15.00 per hour prior to full-time hire.
Students will be eligible for a signing bonus ($3,000) and tool program ($1,500) upon 2-year contract commitment.
Objective: To develop entry-level service technicians through furthering their education at a post-secondary institution studying diesel technology. Students will earn their degree or certificate and other industry-recognized credentials to launch a successful career with LandPro Equipment while contributing to our workforce.
Who: High school seniors committed to an accredited post-secondary diesel technology program.
When: During the student’s senior year. Schedule will depend on vocational school and time of commitment.
Overview and Program Goals: The technician internship is designed for high school seniors committed to continuing their formal education in a diesel technology program at an accredited post-secondary institution. Students can secure employment their senior year of high school with LandPro, enter the accredited college of their choice and have the opportunity to work and learn with our experienced service technicians during planned breaks and weekends if applicable. Students will be required to work during summer breaks.
After completing their degree or certificate program, interns who have displayed a solid work ethic and appropriate skill set will be offered full-time employment.
Upon completion of the Technician Internship Program the student will:
- Start the foundations learning path (JDU Core classes)
- Have an understanding of labor performance, efficiency, and productivity
- Have an understanding of the service department operation
- Perform simple maintenance and repairs on machines in shop and lot
- Clearly and concisely communicate diagnostic findings and recommended repairs to the customer
- Account for all billable labor and materials
- Develop technical and professional skills
Centre Hall, PA
East Palestine, OH
Fairmount City, PA
Niagara Falls, NY