1025R vs BX2680
1025R vs BX2680
As the brisk chill of winter begins to fade and the gentle warmth of spring beckons, it's time to gear up for the flurry of yardwork activities that lie ahead. Whether you're a hobby farmer, avid gardener, or simply someone who enjoys maintaining a beautiful lawn, the choice of equipment can significantly impact your efficiency and enjoyment of these tasks.
Today we’ll take a look at the John Deere 1025R and Kubota BX2680. With similar dimensions, horsepower range and operator station, the John Deere 1025R and the Kubota BX2680 tractors run in the same class – but what sets them apart?
So, the question is: What do you want to do with your compact utility tractor?
Both John Deere and Kubota tractors have several implement and attachment options.
The John Deere 1025R can be equipped with a quick attach 120R loader, a 54” or 60” mid-mount drive-over mower deck with an Auto Connect PTO system, a backhoe, and so much more. One of the big advantages of the John Deere 1025R Compact Tractor is the superior frame and implement strength which allows the ability to operate, install or uninstall the backhoe or mower deck while the loader remains on the tractor, unlike the Kubota. The John Deere 1025R has a wide range of implements and attachments including but not limited to rotary tillers and cutters, box blades, snow blowers, snow blades and a factory-installed heated cab, just to name a few
Designed to make your life easy, the John Deere 1025R makes everything as efficient as possible. With the Single-Point Hydraulic Connectors in front and the iMatch Quick-Hitch in the rear of the 1025R, it provides quick swaps for most implements and attachments. The settable 3-Pt hitch rear control level makes using rear implements more accurate and consistent with every adjustment during use. With so many options available, you'll be able to switch easily and effortlessly.
The Kubota BX2680 offers a front loader and a standard mid-mount mower in 48”, 54” and 60” deck sizes. Kubota also offers a Drive-Over Deck Kit as an option. To connect the mid-mount mower deck, you’ll need to remove the loader, set the gauge wheels to the exact height, unfold the ramp, drive over the ramp being aware of indicator noise and latch the levers that pin the ramp back into place.
Now, when it comes to power, both tractors offer a diesel engine. The John Deere 1025R is equipped with a 24.2 horsepower engine, while the Kubota BX2680 is a 24.8 horsepower engine. The lift capacity (behind the lift arms) of the John Deere 1025R is 758 lbs. versus the Kubota BX2680 at 680 lbs.
Nearly identical in size, the John Deere 1025R measures 102.6 inches in length with hitch, 47.5 inches wide, and has a height with the ROPs of 86.2 inches. This unit has a wheelbase 57.1 inches and a weight of 1,444 lbs. This unit is longer, wider, and weighs less, which offers a better weight distribution for greater stability with less lawn disturbance. The John Deere 1025R is a robust, compact utility tractor great for garden, home or farm work.
The Kubota BX2680 comes in at 95.5 inches in length, including the hitch. At 45.1 inches wide, and 83.1 inches tall, including the ROPs, the unit has a shorter 55.1-inch wheelbase with a total weight of 1,521 lbs.
Ultimately, there are several factors in choosing the right compact tractor: personal preferences, specific needs and intended use and performance of the equipment. However, the John Deere 1025R stands above the rest based on several key aspects:
- Brand Reputation and Reliability: John Deere has a long-standing reputation for manufacturing durable and reliable equipment. These units are known for quality and longevity, which can provide peace of mind to our customers.
- Dealer Support and Service: LandPro Equipment has a network of John Deere stores and service centers, making it easier to find support, parts and maintenance. This widespread availability is a bonus for long-term ownership and maintenance of your equipment.
- Performance and Versatility: The John Deere 1025R offers competitive performance and versatility, suitable for a wide range of tasks such as mowing, landscaping, and hauling. Its capabilities surpass those of the Kubota BX2680 in certain aspects, depending on your requirements.
- Innovative Features and Technology: John Deere continually integrates innovative features and new technology into the equipment, enhancing productivity, comfort and ease of use. These features provide additional value and convenience compared to competing models.
- Resale Value: John Deere retains its value. Which is a consideration for buyers looking to upgrade their equipment in the future.
While the competition may offer lower or competitive pricing, the overall package provided by the John Deere 1025R, including reputation, support, performance, and value, makes it a very compelling choice.