THE STRENGTH IS IN THE GANG
With a choice of 22’’ or 24’’ diameter, 6 gauge or ¼’’ thick Residue Razor® disc blades on 8’’ or 9-1/8’’ spacing, the 8215 disc harrow can be configured for optimum performance in a variety of residue and soil conditions. The 20-degree front and 19-degree rear gang angle provide consistent residue cutting and mixing. Heavy-duty 6’’ ductile iron spools, rock-flex bearing arms and heavy-duty PEER® TILLXTREME™ maintenance-free bearings offer the strength and endurance that sets the 8215 above the competitors.
Residue Razor™ Disc Blades
All KUHN Krause tandem disc harrows feature Residue Razor disc blades that are engineered with a unique Boron steel optimizing strength to withstand stress, fractures, and to provide flexibility in rock conditions. Residue Razor discs have an exceptionally sharp edge, five times sharper than conventional blades.
KUHN Krause heavy-cast spools multiply the strength of the disc gang. Spools are line-bored for an exact fit on the tie rod and precision faced to perfectly match the blade surface. A larger bell on the concave end and a smaller bell on the convex end provide an overlap fit against the blades, supporting the blade more positively without creating a stress line.
The 5-inch hi-clearance rigid scrapers on 8215/8315 tandem disc harrows handle high amounts of residue. The shallow scraper angle and high integral mount improve residue flow and blade-cleaning performance.
Rock-Flex Bearing Arm
Rock-flex bearing arms provide protection from rocky or hard soil conditions. Rock-flex bearing arms feature PEER® TILLXTREME™ maintenance-free bearings.
The Ultimate in Transportability
Quad-Fold™ —The Ultimate in Transportability
The KUHN Krause Quad-Fold™ design features a rigid center section with a folding inner and outer wing. The outer wing hydraulically locks to the inner wing in field use to create a 3-section disc with even weight distribution. Quad-Fold 41- and 44-foot models are a full 5-section design. Quad-Fold is available on 8215 – 36’ to 44’ models.
Heavy-Duty Walking Beams
Standard on all 8215 disc harrows, heavy-duty walking beams allow for consistent working depth on rough ground and more stable road transport. Walking beams have slip-in spindles and heavy-duty hubs.
WIDE OR NARROW SPACING
Choose wide or narrow spacing to better match the needs of your operation.
- Wide Spacing: Wide, 9 1/8”, spacing offers more aggressive residue mixing and leaves a course finish to resist wind erosion and aid in the drying of soil.
- Narrow Spacing: Narrow, 8”, spacing offers more aggressive residue cutting and leaves a smooth seedbed, ready to plant.
24/7® Leveling Systems
Increase yield potential through better seedbed condition and increase productivity with non-stop farming. KUHN Krause disc harrows can be equipped with the following 24/7® leveling systems:
- 24/7® 3-Row Coil Tine Harrow: Featuring a parallel link leveling system for superior residue flow and even distribution, the coil tine harrow offers an increase in yield potential and improved residue management even in high residue conditions. With 16” long tines, 7/16” diameter, the 24/7 Coil Tine Harrow ensures smoother residue distribution and better chemical incorporation.
- 3-Bar Spike Harrow: For excellent clod sizing in low to moderate residue conditions, the 3-bar spike harrow is an efficient way to create a level seedbed. Rugged ¾” x 10” square spikes provide long-lasting leveling.
- 24/7® Soil Conditioning Reel: For maximum clod sizing, leveling and soil firming the 24/7 soil conditioning reel is your choice. Choose the round, spiral rods for loamy soils or flat, spiral blades for high clay soils. A float setting widens the tillage/weather window when operating in wet soil conditions.
|Transport Width (ft/m)||12'2" / 3.7|
|Transport Height (ft/m)||11'10" / 3.6|
|Number of Disc Blades||70|
|Number of Bearing Arms||22|
|Approximate Working Width (ft/m)||22'8" / 6.9|
|Approximate Weight (lbs/kg)||12,243 / 5 553|
|Disc Blade Spacing (in/cm)||8" Front / 8" Rear|
|Disc Gang Angle||20 Degrees Front, 19 Degrees Rear|
|Hitch Type||Articulating Ball CAT III, 1-1/2" Pin|
|Leveling||Mechanical Fore/Aft Adjustable|
|Hydraulics||Color-Coded Hydraulic Hose Grips, Royal Plate Plus® Cylinder Rods|
|Depth Control||Single-Point, Crank Style Hydraulic Depth Control|
|Disc Gangs||1-3/4" Round Diameter Alloy Tie Rod, Rock-Flex® Bearing Arms 1-1/4" x 2-1/2", 6" Bell Diameter Ductile Iron Spools, Cast Housing PEER® TILLXTREME™ No Daily Grease Maintenance Bearings, Tie Rod Wrench|
|Disc Blades||22" x 6 ga Residue Razor® Solid Edge|
|Taper Blades||Front 22" - 20", Rear 22" - 20" - 18" - 16", Bolt-on Furrow Filler|
|Disc Scrapers||5" Hi-Clearance Rigid Scrapers with Dual Scrapers at Bearing Arm Locations|
|Center Section Tires||Four 280/70 R15, Walking Beams with Slip-In Spindles, 6-Bolt Heavy Duty Hubs|
|Wing Frame Tires||Two 280/70 R15 per Wing, Walking Beams with Slip-In Spindles, 6-Bolt Hubs|
|Wing Gauge Wheels||Not Applicable|
|Transport Locks and Safety||Hydraulic Valve Wing-Fold and Transport Locks, High Visibility LED Lighting, SMV Sign|
|Wing Gauge Wheels||Two 20.5 x 8 (Kevlar)|
|Wing Gauge Wheels|
|Wing Gauge Wheels||Two 20.5 x 8 load Range E|
|Leveling||Hydraulic Fore/Aft Adjustable|
|Disc Blades||22" x 1/4" Residue Razor® Solid Edge|
|Taper Blades||Not Applicable|
|Rear Hitch||Rear Hitch (Not for Use with Finishing Attachment)|
|Finishing Attachments||24/7® 3-Row 16" Tine Harrow|
|Finishing Attachments||3 Bar Spike Harrow|
|Finishing Attachments||24/7® Soil Conditioning HD Reel with Float Position (Flat Bar or Round Rod)|
|Recommended Operating Speed (mph/km/h)||4 - 6 / 6 -10|
|Recommended Maximum Working Depth (in/cm)||6" / 15.4|
|Recommended Tractor Power Range (mph/kw/h)||7 - 9 PTO HP per Foot|