John Deere RTK Radio 900
John Deere John Deere RTK Radio 900 for sale at LandPro Equipment; NY, OH & PA. Serving your new and used equipment needs from Alexander, Avon, Brockport, Clymer, Falconer, Hall, Macedon, Niagara Falls, Oakfield, Savannah, Springville, NY, and East Palestine, OH, and Centre Hall, Edinboro, Fairmount City, Halifax, Harrisburg, Mifflintown, Stoneboro, and Watsontown, PA.
Broaden RTK availability with repeaters
RTK repeaters are radios that can be used to improve base station signal coverage around obstacles, such as trees or rolling terrain. The purpose of the RTK repeater is to receive the correction signal coming from the base station and then transmit that correction signal.
More than one repeater can be used with one base station, but the repeater cannot receive signal from each other in a daisy-chain configuration. In order to operate, a repeater must be connected to a 12-V power source.
A repeater is the same as the radio that is on a machine or base station receiver.
A repeater consists of the following:
- John Deere RTK Radio 450 or 900
- Power harness and bracket
Easily set up John Deere RTK Radio 900
Base stations using John Deere RTK Radio 900 are very easy to set up for several reasons:
The John Deere RTK Radio 900 operates in the 902-MHz to 928-MHz frequency range. This range does not require a license from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), so the base station can be set up anywhere as long as it does not broadcast more than 4 W of power.
For more information on FCC regulations of the 902-MHz to 928-MHz range, visit www.fcc.gov or talk to a local John Deere dealer.
A John Deere RTK Radio 900 base station can be used in a mobile setup or mounted permanently to a building, concrete silo, or radio tower. Depending on the operation, either type of mounting can be used:
- Mobile base station
- Fields are spread out and one base station cannot cover all of the ground
- For producers in areas with hilly terrain and lots of foliage where a permanent base station would not provide adequate coverage
- Situations where accuracy is needed, but not repeatability
- Permanent base station
- Producers in areas with flat terrain and little foliage where a permanent base station would provide adequate coverage in a large region
- Multiple tractors in different fields could use the same base station instead of purchasing a second one
- Situations where accuracy and repeatability are needed
Dealer-owned RTK network benefits producers
More than 200 John Deere dealers across the United States and Canada have set up a large, robust RTK network. This is beneficial for several reasons:
- Producers have a lower investment cost because the dealer purchases and is responsible for base station upkeep.
- Dealer networks cover more area with the RTK signal, giving many producers access to RTK on all of their grounds.
- RTK network is owned, maintained, and supported by a local, certified John Deere dealer.
Contact a local John Deere dealer to inquire about RTK network coverage.
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Please email our helpful staff with any questions or comments using the contact form.
Fields with asterisks* and highlighted red are required. Your friend will receive an email that contains a reference to this page. Please send this email only to people you know who would be interested in this information.