John Deere 310L Backhoe
Save Fuel with Economy Mode
Standard economy mode can be configured separately between loader and backhoe functions. Activate economy mode for backhoe functions while retaining full power for loader functions. This helps maximize fuel usage in lighter-work applications with minimal effect on machine performance.
- Quick and easy fuel savings is available at the push of a button.
- Economy mode is available on the monitor on non SSM machines
Redesigned Loader-Control Valve
The loader control valve on all L-Series backhoes has been redesigned. The new valve will help reduce hydraulic cylinder-rod drift, improve metering profiles and controllability, and boost three-point stance performance. The auxiliary flow has been increased by 5 gpm (19 L/min) for improved performance on high flow loader attachments.
- Updated to reduce hydraulic cylinder-rod drift and improve metering profiles and controllability
- Integrated, low-leak, check valves in loader boom and bucket rod circuits for 310SL– 710L models, improving three-point stance performance
- Electrohydraulic (EH) auxiliary hydraulics are now integrated into the valve body, for minimized connections and potential leak points.
- Maximum auxiliary flow has increased to 35 gpm (133 L/min), for improved performance of high-flow loader attachments.
- Reduced spool to bore leakage
- Anti-cavitation standard on boom and bucket to further help with back dragging applications
Improved Loader-Lever Linkage
- Greaseless Bucket Cylinder to Guide Link Pin
- Retained Pin in Guide Link to Lift Arm Joint
Enhanced “palm-on-top” loader-control grip is comfortable and easy to use. The loader-control valve has been redesigned to reduce resistance and improve its throw and feel.
- Lever travel from handle-to-linkage ratio has been reduced up to 15 percent.
- Update includes removal of the spherical joint and replacement with a forged U-joint and integrated needle bearings, for maximized durability.
- Maintains same loader grip and harness as previous L-Series Backhoes.
Updated John Deere PowerTech™ EWL engine
The engine has been updated to the John Deere PowerTech EWL that eliminates the diesel particulate filter (DPF) and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Underground customers will appreciate the increased power, improved torque, and greater reliability compared to the previous design.
- EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV emission certified
- 3 to 7 percent net horsepower increase with improved torque curve
- Removal of the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system and components (plumbing, cooler, and sensors)
- Simpler two-valve cylinder-head design
- Redesigned and improved fuel-filter location enables easy access when changing filters
- Use an engine that does not require a DPF, reducing maintenance costs on the aftertreatment system
- To further reduce NOx, diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is injected into the exhaust stream, where it decomposes into ammonia (NH3).
- Nitrogen oxides react with the ammonia in an SCR canister consisting of an SCR catalyst and ammonia oxidation catalyst.
- This reaction forms harmless nitrogen gas and water vapor, which are expelled through the exhaust pipe.
Improve Comfort With Ride Control
Ride control operation is a feature to improve machine ride and reduce tire flexing when traveling over rough terrain at a high speed with loaded bucket, or when transporting with an empty bucket.
- Increases operator comfort and efficiency
- Reduces material spillage in load and carry operations
Check and change fluids quickly and cleanly from the ground to keep equipment running smoothly. Separating coolers is quick and easy. Worry less about contaminants and moisture entering the axle case and shortening the life of your oil and axle components.
- Same side, ground level daily service – including fuel fill; easy checks are more likely to get done, preventing a major failure, and reducing inspection time
- Two position easy tilt hood
- Hinged Cooling Package Design
- Fully sealed front and rear axles
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech EWL 4045HL050|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||4.5 (276)|
|Rated Speed, rpm||1600|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||75 (100)|
|Transmission Type||Power Shift|
|Service Brake Type||Wet Disc|
|Service Brake Actuation||Hydraulic w/Power Assist|
|Max length with std. Stick, mm (ft/in)||7240 (23 ft 9 in)|
|Height over std Stick, mm (ft/in)||3390 (11 ft 1 in)|
|Height over ext Stick, mm (ft/in)||3390 (11 ft 1 in)|
|Maximum Width, mm (ft/in)||2200 (7 ft 3 in)|
|Width over tires, mm (ft/in)||2200 (7 ft 3 in)|
|Wheelbase - 4WD, mm (ft/in)||2190 (7 ft 2 in)|
|Ground Clearance, mm (inches)||293 (12)|
|Width - General Purpose Bucket, mm (ft/in)||2184 (7 ft 2 in)|
|Bucket Rotation - Position 1, Degrees||190|
|Bucket Pin Height - General Purpose, mm (ft/in)||3480 (11 ft 5 in)|
|Dump Height - General Purpose, mm (ft/in)||2740 (9 ft )|
|Dump Reach - General Purpose, mm (inches)||702 (27.7)|
|Digging Depth - General Purpose, mm (inches)||70 (2.8)|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||128.7 (34)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||45 (11.9)|
|Bucket Capacity - Standard General Purpose, m³ (yd³)||0.77 (1)|
|Bucket Tearout - Non-Extending Dipper, kN (lbf)||48.2 (10844)|
|Stick tearout, kN (lbf)||31.1 (6992)|
|Boom Lift - Maximum Reach - Non-Extending Dipper, kg (lbs)||1347 (2970)|
|Bucket Breakout - General Purpose, kN (lbf)||41.6 (9361)|
|Lift To Full Height - General Purpose Bucket, kg (lbs)||2919 (6435)|
|Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||106 (28)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||6822 (15039)|