John Deere 184 G-Tier Compact Wheel Loader
Brand new 184 G-tier delivers a simple and compact machine solution to a wide range of customers
John Deere is excited to add another compact loader to the fleet in the 184 G-tier. The 184 G-tier was designed to provide customers in applications like landscaping, nurseries, agriculture, and general construction a more economical and lower horsepower solution that is compact enough to maneuver within the tightest areas while maintaining qualities of the larger loaders in the John Deere lineup.
- Height and width measuring right below 2430 mm (8’ 0”) in height (when configured with a canopy) and 1780 mm (5’ 10”) in width mean this machine can fit through small barn door openings or other small areas
- The engine delivers 48 horsepower making it powerful enough to take on agriculture, landscaping, nursery or general construction tasks Canopy or Enclosed Cab options provide flexibility to customers working in different geographies
- New 0.9 cubic yard (0.7 cubic meter) general purpose bucket provides a new material handling solution designed to match up with the machine Standard Limited slip differential automatically engages if one wheel loses traction. 45 percent of the available torque will move to the wheel with traction to help machine better perform in soft underfoot conditions.
- Optional ride control reduces material spillage from the bucket when traveling over rough and uneven terrain by cushioning the boom. This will help in getting the material being moved to where it is intended to go and will reduce site cleanup that may result from spilled material.
- The proven fuel-efficient hydrostatic transmission helps to keep the machine operating cost and noise to a minimum while still providing the productivity needed on the job.
Compact size and simple optionality allow G-tier machines to excel on any site
Deere compact wheel loaders are known for their abilities to fit into tight working spaces. The G-tier lineup provides owners and operators a rugged and reliable yet economical solution that doesn't sacrifice on quality or Deere and dealer support that they've come to expect.
- The 184 G-tier and 204 G-tier have machine height and width measuring right below 2430 mm (8’ 0”) in height (when configured with a canopy) and 1780 mm (5’ 10”) in width meaning machines can fit through small barn door openings or other small working areas.
- Canopy configuration and limited optionality helps ensure these machines can be configured at an attractive price point
- Simple and intuitive functionality of the machine controls are a perfect fit for operators of all experience levels.
Increase your machine’s versatility with John Deere’s wide array of attachment offerings
With over 100 attachments offered in the John Deere attachment portfolio, you can make the most out of your compact loader by equipping it with many popular attachments.
- The 0.7-m3 (0.9-cu yd) bucket is optimally sized for handling material with the 184 G-tier and 204 G-tier. This bucket can be attached to either a Quik-Tatch or hook/Euro style coupler
- Skid steer Quik-Tatch coupler and hook/Euro style couplers allow increased optionality to utilize a range of attachments. The common interface means previous series attachments can be used on the G-tier machines
- Optimized forks for compact wheel loaders offer improved visibility, increased capacity, and better durability
- Standard auxiliary hydraulics allow the use of attachments like snow blowers or augers. By simply pressing a switch in the cab, operators can easily connect and disconnect attachments and enable them to have full function flow without having to manually press buttons throughout the day
- Optional electrical attachment control field kit enables additional attachments to be compatible with these machines
Enjoy all day comfort with the spacious and ergonomically friendly cab
Whether the machine is equipped with a canopy or enclosed cab, the operator focused designs found within John Deere Compact Wheel loaders ensure operators are comfortable and productive all day.
- To help keep operators more comfortable during a long shift, an improved air conditioning system with adjustable louvers comes standard on enclosed cab machines. The optimized duct work and additional louvers provide increased airflow and allow the operator to direct airflow where it is needed.
- Ergonomic, low effort controls all on the right side, allow operators to work comfortably and more efficient.
- Machine display is redesigned and mount to the cab A-frame putting it in better line of sight for the operator while also allowing for location adjustability.
- Ample storage within the cab allows operators to keep personal items close and secure
- Adjustable steering column in enclosed cab units allows operators to easily move the steering wheel to a desired position to help increase operator comfort and allow easy ingress and egress.
- Canopy allows easy access to enter and exit the cab and improved and unobstructed visibility to the entire machine
Ease of serviceability allows you to spend more time completing the tasks at hand
Enhanced serviceability features and ease of access to daily and preventative maintenance points ensures that these tasks do not significantly cut into working hours. These machines are also supported by one of the industry’s largest dealer networks meaning there are more technicians in the shop or field, and more parts on the shelf.
- Ground level service simplifies daily maintenance, keeping machine in good working condition without cutting into working hours. This also enables operators to change fluids quickly and cleanly to keep equipment running smoothly
- The cooling package optimizes efficiency and cleanout. The flow through design minimizes contamination from debris build up. This significantly reduces material buildup on the coolers. The coolers are also spaced to allow ease of access for cleanout from ground level and the air entry and exit screens have been increased in size over previous series machines.
- To maximize time spent on the job instead of in the shop, compact wheel loaders feature extended service intervals for engine oil and filter, final drive oil, and hydraulic oil.
- G-tier compact wheel loaders are now equipped with a 30% larger fuel tank meaning machines can run longer throughout the day without the need for refueling
- The automatic spring-applied hydraulically released park brakes help maximize uptime and are a safer and more reliable feature than most competitor’s cable operated park brakes.
Excellent visibility for increased situational and jobsite awareness
Compact Wheel Loaders are built with operator visibility in mind. From the increased amount of glass in the cab, tapered boom, to the rear sloping hood and everything in between, operators will have increased visibility to all sides of the machine.
- New cab design features a frameless, fully glass door and floor to ceiling front windshield that provides clear line of sight to the front tires, attachments, and machine surroundings The right-side window, also full glass, swings out 180 degrees to further enhance overall visibility
- Single boom and bucket cylinder in line with each other helps ensure the operator is able to efficiently change out between attachments
- Tapered boom design has been optimized for improved parallel lifting capabilities especially when forks are being used in applications like landscaping. The design also provides excellent viewing of attachments and material.
- Sloped rear hood and rear-view mirrors allow superb views to the rear of the machine when backing up
- Optional LED lighting package that offers two different styles of LED lights, results in increased productivity in low light conditions due to significantly better illumination of the machine surroundings compared to standard halogen bulbs. It will also result in a more durable and reliable light source over time when compared to standard halogen bulbs
|Emission Rating||EPA Tier 4 / EU Stage V|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||2.2 (134)|
|Rated Speed, rpm||2200|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||33 (44)|
|Torque, Nm (lbf / ft)||146 (107.6)|
|Front Differential Type||Limited Slip|
|Rear Differential Type||Limited Slip|
|Tire size - Standard||365 / 70 R18|
|Service Brake - Type||Wet Disc & Drum|
|Service Brake - Actuation||Hydraulic|
|Parking Brake - Type||Wet Disc|
|Height - Over Cab, mm (ft/in)||2430 (8 ft )|
|Wheelbase, mm (ft/in)||2150 (7 ft 1 in)|
|Ground clearance, mm (inches)||292 (12)|
|Width Over tires - Std, mm (ft/in)||1780 (5 ft 10 in)|
|Height - Pivot Pin, mm (ft/in)||3160 (10 ft 4 in)|
|Reach - At 2130mm 45° Dump, mm (ft/in)||1580 (5 ft 2 in)|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||62 (16.4)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||45 (11.9)|
|Heaped Capacity, m³ (yd³)||0.7 (0.9)|
|Breakout - Bucket, kgf (lbf)||3250 (7165)|
|Ride Control System||Optional|
|Pump Flow - 1, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||61 (16)|
|System Pressure, bar (PSI)||230 (3336)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||4820 (10626)|